We are looking for a Project Assistant to join our growing team in Brussels. Journalismfund.eu is the first independent European non-profit organisation (since 1998) with the purpose of stimulating in-depth cross-border journalism.
With the European Cross-Border Grants, Journalismfund.eu supports professional journalists who have a good idea for cross-border research and for research on European affairs.
In order to further develop this project, Journalismfund.eu is looking for a full-time project assistant.
Project assistant (M/F) ‑ European Cross-Border Grants ‑ full time.
We are looking for a project assistant to manage the “European Cross-border Grants” (ECBG) and to further develop the projects’ activities in Europe. The project assistant will also be tasked with measuring the impact of the European Cross-border Grants.
He/she will report to the managing director of Journalismfund.eu. His/her activities include but are not limited to managing the applications, bringing the jury together and reporting the decisions of the jury to the applicants. Communication of the grants (via the website, social media…) will also be an important task.
- ECBG Project
- Screening the applications and communicating with the applicants via email;
- Compiling an overview of the applications for the jury;
- Organising and conducting jury meetings;
- Compiling jury comments and feedback;
- Communicating jury decisions with the applicants;
- Preparing grantees’ contracts;
- Following up on funded projects;
- Communicating about published stories;
- Providing administrative support (database, filing, etc.);
- Filing reports about the progress of the project;
- ECBG Communication
- Writing and editing a newsletter about the project’s activities;
- Promoting the project on social media
- Updating the website journalismfund.eu
The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience in project management and journalism, and be able to work autonomously. Strong attention to detail is required, including the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the EU or possess a work permit in Belgium
- A minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience
- Native or near native English. Other languages ‑ particularly French or Dutch ‑ a plus
- Must have good writing skills
- Insight into investigative journalistic methods is a plus
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and objectives in an autonomous manner.
- Desire and commitment to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment
- Must be a great team worker
- Good knowledge of social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn is a must
Type of contract: temporary ‑ full time
Location: Zellik, Belgium but we will be moving to City of Brussels before New Year
Starting date: 1 November 2018
Salary: Exact remuneration depends on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter and contact details of at least two references.
Please send applications by email email@example.com by midday (12pm) Thursday 15 October 2018 to the attention of the Managing Director.
Applications received by this date will take priority. However, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled.
Journalismfund.eu is an equal opportunity employer.